Topic: How many students with disabilities study in higher education

About 60.000 – 75.000 students in higher education have a disability (about 13 – 15 % of the student population). Disability is defined as a physical, sensory or psychological disability, a chronic illness or dyslexia.

Of these 60.000 – 75.000 students about 40.000 – 60.000 students face hindrances during their studies.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/thelinkn/public_html/SAWL/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/thelinkn/public_html/SAWL/include/parser.php on line 738

Re: How many students with disabilities study in higher education

Frankly I was expecting to see a smaller percent for these students. I had a car accident four years ago ever since then I've been struggling to walk again. I am making progress but i still need time for a full recovery. This is one of the reasons why I preferred to get an online nursing bachelors degree instead of going to a conventional university. This I can focus on my recovery and handle my education at the same time.

Last edited by allie (2012-01-18 10:57:52)